Proposed: Western Perimeter Road on Virginia Tech Campus - Blacksburg
Cost and schedule ►
Public outreach ►
Conceptual plans are being developed for a new 2.61 mile, two-lane divided roadway that would connect Prices Fork Road and Southgate Drive on the campus of Virginia Tech.
Building the new road would involve the following connections:
- Constructing a new section of road, Visitor Center Spur Road, to provide access to Virginia Tech’s Visitor Center
- Relocating Duck Pond Drive to a new connection at Perry Street/West Campus Drive intersection
- Extending Washington Street
- Relocating a portion of Smithfield Road
- Creating a new intersection at Oak Lane
Roundabouts will be considered as the preferred intersection alternative.
Accommodations for various forms of alternative transportation such as bicycles, pedestrians and public transit have been incorporated in the concepts.
The new road and its connections are intended to relieve congestion, improve connectivity and enhance safety.
Lat/Long: 37.229671, -80.431717