In Design: Broadview Avenue, Town of Warrenton
The Town of Warrenton and VDOT propose several roadway improvements along the heavily traveled Broadview Avenue.
The proposed project will improve Broadview Avenue from Frost Avenue to 0.81-mile north.
The improvements include:
- Reconstruction of the intersection of Frost Avenue (Route 211) and Broadview Avenue
- Signal modifications
- Installation of short medians to improve safety and manage access
- Crosswalk and sidewalk upgrades
- 5-foot bike lanes on both sides of the road
For well over a decade, the Town has planned transportation improvements to Broadview Avenue to make it safer for all modes of travel, less congested, more attractive as a commercial corridor and accessible to business customers.
Broadview Avenue is a vitally important commercial district for the Town, with many businesses that have thrived for generations.
Upon completion of the project, the Town envisions a safer, more attractive destination for shopping, dining and purchasing services.
Construction is anticipated to begin in 2022.
VDOT held a design public hearing for this project on Oct. 10, 2019.
Public meeting materials are available below in the resources section. Click on previous meetings.
During the FY18 SMART SCALE process, the Town of Warrenton split the Broadview Avenue project and submitted two applications to:
- Complete funding on the Broadview Avenue roadway improvements, in the amount of $2.59 million.
- Fund a second $2.8 million project to make improvements at the intersection of Broadview, Frost and West Shirley avenues.
On June 20, 2017, the Commonwealth Transportation Board approved the 2018-2023 Six-Year Improvement Plan, which allocated $5.4 million to fully fund the Broadview Avenue project through construction.
This project will improve safety and lessen traffic congestion along Route 17/29 Business/211 (Broadview Avenue) in the town of Warrenton.
Phase: In Design
UPC: 111647 and 111648
State ID: 7017-156-308, P101, R201, C501 and 7017-156-309, P101, R201, C501
Federal ID: STP-5A01(856) and STP-5A01(857)
Lat/Long: 38.722323, -77.805662