VDOT News - Northern Virginia
Jan. 14, 2021
Route 7 Eastbound Nightly Double Lane Closures at Battlefield Parkway in Leesburg Jan. 17-22, 24-29
Work on new Battlefield Parkway bridge over Route 7
LEESBURG – Eastbound Route 7 (East Market Street) between the Leesburg Bypass (Route 7/Route 15) and River Creek Parkway will have nightly double lane closures (weather permitting) Sunday, Jan. 17 through Friday, Jan. 22 and Sunday, Jan. 24 through Friday, Jan. 29 for work on the future Battlefield Parkway overpass, according to the Virginia Department of Transportation.
The double lane closures will occur each night according to the following schedule:
- Sunday night, Jan. 17, Friday night, Jan. 22, Sunday night, Jan. 24 and Friday night, Jan. 29:
11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Monday night, Jan. 18 through Thursday night, Jan. 21 and Monday night, Jan. 25 through
Thursday night, Jan. 28: 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
One lane of eastbound Route 7 will remain open at all times during the work. Message boards displaying the lane closure information will be in place as part of advance notification to travelers.
Similar nighttime work was recently completed on westbound Route 7.
The posted speed limit along Route 7 between the Leesburg Bypass and River Creek Parkway has been reduced to 45 miles per hour. Drivers are asked to use caution while traveling through the work zone.
The work on the future Battlefield Parkway overpass is part of the Route 7 at Battlefield Parkway project, which includes a new grade-separated interchange. Other project improvements include:
- Removing the signal at Route 7 and Cardinal Park Drive and modifying the intersection.
- Adding auxiliary lanes on eastbound Route 7 from the Leesburg Bypass to the Battlefield Parkway interchange, and from the Battlefield Parkway interchange to River Creek Parkway/Crosstrail Boulevard.
- Constructing a shared-use path along northbound Battlefield Parkway and a sidewalk along southbound Battlefield Parkway.
The entire project is scheduled to be complete in fall 2021.
Visit virginiadot.org/route7battlefield for more project info.
Follow VDOT Northern Virginia on Twitter: @vadotnova
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.